The HIV Update 2020 course has been cancelled.
For more than three decades, advances in medical knowledge and biomedical technology have fostered the evolution of HIV clinical care, but with more than 1.1 million people receiving treatment for HIV in the United States, the HIV epidemic continues to grow more complex, and health care professionals struggle to keep current on the latest developments and regimens. Along with adherence to lifelong antiretroviral therapy, today’s HIV-infected patient may also confront renal, cardiovascular and liver diseases; other illnesses associated with aging; coinfections with hepatitis B and/or C; and limitations in accessing care.
We invite you to advance your knowledge in HIV clinical care by attending this comprehensive CME course integrating all aspects of HIV management and treatment.
Key topics include:
- Diagnosing and managing HIV – tools for the primary care provider
- Identifying optimal antiretroviral therapy (ART), treatment initiation, salvage therapy, and pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis and adherence to lifelong therapies
- Integrating HIV management and opioid addiction treatment
- Addressing opportunistic infections, dermatologic conditions, malignancies, and hepatitis B and C coinfections
- Examining contemporary HIV topics including aging in the HIV population; renal, cardiovascular and liver diseases; and the management of HPV-related anogenital infection
- Overcoming barriers in HIV for marginalized populations
- Utilizing practical tools to address gender and sexual health challenges, including screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
Engaging Sessions with Prominent Experts and Colleagues
Our outstanding faculty, recognized as experts in the field, will teach you how to incorporate the latest tests and tools into your practice. We will discuss challenging cases and treatments and give you ample opportunity to ask questions of and interact with leading experts from prestigious institutions including Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School. Course material will be presented in a distraction-free environment through formats that include:
- Innovative lectures
- Valuable case-based sessions
- Question-and-answer panels
- Interactive discussions utilizing the Audience Response System
Why You Should Attend
Increase your skills and knowledge to deliver unparalleled care to your patients. You will leave the course with:
- The latest HIV knowledge, insight and teachings from leading authorities and clinical educators
- A greater understanding of incorporating tools and tests into your practice
- Awareness of your strengths and areas for improvement
- A network of like-minded professional colleagues
- An in-depth print and electronic syllabus packed with valuable information and real-world solutions