Health care professionals can rely on this program for the latest updates and advances in the diagnosis and management of the HIV-infected patient
For more than three decades, advances in medical knowledge and biomedical technology have fostered the evolution of HIV clinical care, but with more than 1.1 million people receiving treatment for HIV in the United States, the HIV epidemic continues to grow more complex. Health care professionals may face challenges with keeping current on the latest developments in HIV care. While managing the demands of lifelong adherence to antiretroviral therapy, people living with HIV may also encounter comorbidities involving the renal, cardiovascular and liver systems; other illnesses associated with aging; coinfections with hepatitis B and/or C; and limitations in accessing care. The HIV Update course is a comprehensive continuing medical education program specifically designed to better the integration of all aspects of HIV care.
We invite you to advance your knowledge in HIV clinical care by attending this comprehensive CME course integrating all aspects of HIV management and treatment. Hot off-the-press topics will also be addressed, arming you with the latest information.
Key topics include:
- Diagnosing and managing HIV – tools for the primary care provider
- Identifying optimal antiretroviral therapy (ART), treatment initiation, salvage therapy, and pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis and adherence to lifelong therapies
- Integrating HIV management and opioid addiction treatment
- Addressing opportunistic infections, dermatologic conditions, malignancies, and hepatitis B and C coinfections
- Examining contemporary HIV topics including aging in the HIV population; renal, cardiovascular and liver diseases; and the management of HPV-related anogenital infection
- Overcoming barriers in HIV for marginalized populations
- Utilizing practical tools to address gender and sexual health challenges, including screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
Engaging Sessions with Prominent Experts and Colleagues
Our outstanding faculty, recognized as experts in the field, will teach you how to incorporate the latest tests and tools into your practice. We will discuss challenging cases and treatments and give you many opportunities to ask questions and interact with leading experts through live-moderated Q&A sessions and the integrated Q&A chat tools. Participants will also receive access to the videos on-demand for future review. You can expect to receive an exceptional update to your existing skills through this clinically relevant course. Our highly accessible and educationally sound platform includes:
- Innovative lectures
- Valuable case-based sessions with real-time audience-response questions
- Interactive Q&A sessions with our expert faculty
- Chat features to discuss challenging cases and ask pressing questions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Clinicians seeking a useful and comprehensive review that ensures they are up-to-date across all major fields in preventive medicine. This includes:
- Infectious disease specialists
- Primary care physicians
- Medical specialists
- Nurse practitioners
- Social Workers
Special pricing is in effect for this program.
All live-stream sessions are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and ABIM MOC points, plus ANCC Credits.