The challenge we face as health care professionals is keeping current on the latest developments in HIV clinical care, especially issues regarding coinfections with hepatitis B and/or C.
The HIV Update course is a comprehensive continuing medical education program specifically designed to foster the integration of all aspects of HIV care. The HIV epidemic has become more multifaceted, such that the care of today’s HIV-infected patient may involve managing non-AIDS-defining malignancies, reproductive issues and renal, endocrine and liver diseases, as well as ensuring adherence to lifelong antiretroviral therapy.
Our outstanding faculty, recognized as leaders in clinical practice and medical education, will challenge, refresh and enrich your knowledge in all fields of HIV management. Topics include:
- Opportunistic infections
- HIV vaccines
- Perinatal transmission
- HIV/HCV Coinfection
- Integrating addiction treatment into HIV care
- HPV-related complications
- Adherence to lifelong antiretroviral regimens
- New therapeutic regimens
- Sexual health
- HIV and transplantation
- Management of non-AIDS defining malignancies, reproductive issues, and renal, endocrine, cardiovascular, and liver diseases
Multiple Educational Formats for Optimal Learning
Course material will be presented in a distraction-free environment through multimedia formats that include:
- State-of-the-art lectures
- Case-based workshops
- Question-and-answer sessions with faculty to address your challenging cases or answer your pressing questions
- Interactive case-based discussions utilizing the Audience Response System
This will be a critical, well-informed, clinically relevant course.
Why Should You Attend This Course?
This continuing education program is a can’t miss event because:
- Our clinical educators are national and international authorities.
- Our comprehensive syllabus is packed with a wealth of knowledge and is available both electronically and in print.
- The use of the Audience Response Systems gives you vital awareness of areas of strength and weakness.
- You will learn about clinically important advances in common diseases and practices for optimal management.
- Past participants have rated this course among Harvard’s best!